Conifer Publications is a publishing house in Shimla that interests in publishing literary works, poetry, fiction and educational books. It has also been publishing a literary journal Conifers Call: Shimla Journal of Poetry and Criticism since 2009.
Conifers Call: Shimla Journal of Poetry and Criticism is an international refereed biannual journal. It is primarily a poetry journal devoted to the most noble and thought provoking genre of creative writing. Poetry has been at the root of human mind from the time immemorial and has manifested its multiple dimensions vide diverse forms of expression. It has been a vehicle to express human emotions and sentiments thereby bridging humanity at large. Besides presenting poetry pertaining to nature, love, gender, fraternity, peace, human rights and justice and bringing the poets of the world together Conifers Call also engages with critical and theoretical perspectives regarding literature with a view to deepen understanding of literature in general and poetry in particular. It also gives place to critical book reviews thus providing a genuine feedback and paying attention to the labour of the writers. We hope that the call of Shimla conifers shall go far and wide and sensitize the readers to outstanding ecological and environmental concerns, thereby providing them an opportunity to express their poetic selves and share their critical concerns.
P. C. Mathur, Jaipur
I. K. Sharma, Jaipur
Jaiwanti Dimri, Former Professor HPU and Fellow IIAS Shimla
Usha Bande, Former Fellow IIAS Shimla
Amrita Sharma, Dean, BPS Women University, Khanpur Kalan, Sonipat
G.S. Jha, Editor, Reflections and The Critique, Arunachal Pradesh
Raghuvanshmani Tripathi, Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh
Namita Sethi, Associate Professor, Department of English, JDM College, Delhi University
Vinay M. Sharma, Associate Professor, Department of English, Govt. Collge Theog, Shimla
Deepak Kapret, Dept. of English, Rajiv Gandhi Govt. College, Chaura Maidan Shimla-4
Naresh Verma, Dept. of Public Administration, Rajiv Gandhi Govt. College, Chaura Maidan Shimla-4
Rekha Sharma, Department of English, HPU Shimla
Harish K Thakur, Department of Political Science, HPU Shimla
Owned and Published by
Thakur, Building, New Totu, Shimla-171011
Parmod Kumar Thakur
Thakur Printers, New Totu, Shimla-171011
No part of this volume can be reproduced in any manner without the prior permission of editors. We disown the views expressed by authors.
Guidelines for Contributors
Conifers Call: Shimla Journal of Poetry and Criticism is a refereed half-yearly journal in the field of literature. International in its character, content and scope we welcome original poetry from all over the world. We keep special place for the nature poems. Besides poetry we also welcome critical essays on poetry, fiction and drama. We are also interested in giving space to critical, informative and enlightening essays and interviews of the established poets, writers and emerging voices in the field of literature. Contributors are requested to send one hard and one electronic copy (MS Word) of the submission to Harish K. Thakur, Editor, Conifers Call: Shimla Journal of Poetry and Criticism, Thakur Building, New Totu, Shimla, H.P. 171011. For more information you can visit our website:
Format and References
• The manuscripts should be typed double-spaced.
• The essays and review essays shouldn’t exceed 7000 and 1500 words respectively.
• Please place notes and references at the end of the paper/essay and avoid the option of auto-insert footnotes and endnotes.
• Please give full correspondence address with phone number and email address at the bottom of the first page of the submission.
• Please send two copies of the books for the purpose of review. Send self-addressed envelopes for the return of the submissions, if so desired.
• Give page number at the top right corner. Use italics throughout your essay for the titles of longer works and, only when absolutely necessary, providing emphasis.
• If you have any endnotes, include them on a separate page before Works Cited. Double space between the title and the first line of the text.
• Op. cit., Loc. cit., ibid, are not used within the CC style.
• Conifers Call allows both British and American variations in spellings. However, the authors are directed to consistently follow either of the two throughout.
• Names of the texts in the main body of the manuscript should be italicized and neither underlined nor put within quotation marks. The articles in the manuscript should be put in double quotation marks.
• Hyphenation of words should be consistently maintained throughout the text. Authors are to use a hyphen to maintain the distinction between a noun and an attributive adjective. For instance, ‘the Fifteenth Century’ while used as a noun, but ‘fifteenth-century Shimla’ while used as an adjective.
• For any quotation used in the text in a language other than English, the author is to provide a translation in English which is to follow the quotes immediately within parenthetical brackets before the in-text parenthetical citation of the source material. If the translation is not the author’s own, a citation to the translation should appear as well after the citation of the source material. The citation to the translation is to be separated from the citation of the source material with a ‘;’ and then prefixed by ‘trans.’
Individual Rs. 500/ per annum , (US $ 12)
Institutions Rs. 800/ per annum, (US $ 20)
Life Rs. 8000/
Harish K. Thakur, Thakur Building, New Totu, Shimla, 171011